Dry and flaky skin makes it very difficult to achieve flawless makeup base. You need to keep in mind your skin type before using any face makeup products. There are few extra steps of applying foundation for dry skin which helps in attaining a good makeup base. Though dry skin type is not ideal but still dry skin has few advantages over othe skin types. One of the benefits of having dry skin is that you can easily carry glowy and dewy makeup base. You can literally go nuts with the highlighter without any fear of looking oily.
One of the most important things to keep in while applying foundation on dry skin is that you should choose products that have oil in it and avoid those without it. Not only foundation but other products like blush, lipsticks and other face products must have hydrating properties in them.
Below are the steps of applying foundation on dry skin and product recommendation.
Steps of applying foundation for dry skin
- Exfoliate your skin 4 to 5 hours before you start your makeup
- Moisturize your face before 1 hour of apply any foundation. Use moisturizer which is specifically meant for dry skin
- Next is primer. Again use oil based face primer. There are many primers available that helps in hydrating skin as well. If you have large pores on some areas, you can use different primer in those areas.
- You must also choose foundation which is not matte. Or you can add few drops of beauty oil in your normal foundation and it would work just fine.
- Though setting your makeup is a mandatory part and you should never leave it but in case you have very dry skin you can set your makeup only on the areas where it is needed and not on the entire face, areas that would crease if you don’t set like, under eye area, smile line, forehead.
- Instead of setting your entire face with powder you can use setting spray.
Product Recommendation for Dry Skin Foundation