Winter takes away the natural moisture from our skin and as a result it becomes dry and flaky. That is why we need to be extra careful about our skin and take a lot of care in winters. There are two important things that you should do during winters: Moisturize and Exfoliate.
These are not limited to the face only but we need to keep ourselves moisturize from head to toe. Here are some Skin Care Tips for Winters:
- Moisturize your face at least twice a day. If you are very dry, deep moisturize your skin. You can make deep moisturizing mask at home, check my recipe.
- Flaky & dry lips are most common during winters. So keep a lip balm with you all the time.
- Exfoliate your skin often using scrub.
- When it comes to exfoliation do not forget to exfoliate your lips. You can make homemade lip scrub just by mixing honey and brown sugar in equal quantity. If you are super dry avoid using harsh products (face wash, masks, peals).
- People tend to emphasize on face and forget about neck. If you get wrinkles on the neck there is no treatment for it so don’t forget to moisturize your neck as well.
- Your body needs to get moisturize as much as your face. Moisturize and exfoliate your entire body.
- Regularly exfoliate your hands and feet. You can use the same honey and brown sugar scrub.
- Feet tends to get flakey and cracked during winters and needs something strong to moisturize. Regularly use exfoliants to get rid of dead skin and moisturize using moisturizers that contains glycerine or petroleum jelly.
- You also need to keep your hair safe from harsh winter. Too much shampoo can make your hair drier so avoid shampooing too much. Use conditioner and oil your hair to keep them away from drying.
- Last but not the least, drink a lot of water, it helps keeping your skin hydrated and fresh.